+7 (499) 212-39-56
07 February 1938 Chechen-Ingush Teaching Institute was established based on preparatory pedagogical courses with a two-year study period and subsequently, on 01 September 1938 it was reformed into the Chechen-Ingush State Pedagogical Institute (ChISPI) with a four-year study period. The Institute comprised three Faculties: Philology, History and Physics and Maths. A little later Natural Sciences and Geography Faculty joined them. The first cohort of new graduates was 79 people.
In 1940 the body of ChISPI already included 8 Departments (Physics, Maths, Pedagogy and Psychology, Languages, Literature, Marxism and Leninism, General History, History of USSR Peoples), 6 classrooms and other units: School Hygiene Office, Military Preparation, Sports Hall, Physics Laboratory, Library.
Together with performing the main function – production of Pedagogy specialists of the highest degree – the Institute’s departments started their research and methodological work. A.I. Boyarchuk, T.T. Malsagova, F.G. Petrash, S.K. Shenec and other Professors of the Institute stood at the origins of such work.
The pre-war period in the ChISPI’s work can be described as that of organizational formation. There was a process of perfecting and developing its structure, consolidating its material base, with the number of students rising and scientific engagement becoming more dynamic. It also conducted joint work with the Republic’s Scientific Research Institute for history, sociology and philology.
In 1958 the Faculty of Pedagogy and Primary Education Methodology was opened, in 1960 – Natural Science and Geography Faculty, in 1962 – Foreign Languages Faculty. All the Faculties were producing secondary school teachers in 19 different subject specialisms, including teachers of mother tongue and literature. The student contingent was constantly increasing. In 1956 there were a little more than 1000 students, in 1962 – 3218. In 1963 the number of students rose to 4750.
The first to step on the challenging path to science and enlightenment at the helm of the Grozny Teaching Institute was Evgeniy Fedorovich Bykov. In 1938 Evgeniy Fedorovich was appointed Director of the Grozny Pedagogical Institute, which he led until 1945. Later at different times the institution was managed by:
1945-1951: Alexander Petrovich Efleev;
1951-1959: Khabech Aslancherivich Pchentleshev, Candidate of Historical Science;
1960-1963: P.M. Stepanov;
1963-1966: Nikolay Pavlovich Gritsenko, Doctor of Historical Sciences;
1966-1970: Viktor Isaakovich Sinelnikov;
1970-1986: Michail Pavlovich Pavlov, Doctor of Economic Sciences;
1986-1991: Victor Abramovich Kan-Kalik, Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences;
1992-1994: Myukhadi Shakhidovich Israilov, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences;
1995, 2000-2006: Adnan Daguevich Khamzaev, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences;
1996: Ibragim Uzumkhadzhievich Israilov, Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences;
1996-1999: Raikom Khasimkhanovich Dadashev, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences;
2006-2008: Anzor Akhmedovich Muzaev, Candidate of Technic Sciences;
2008 to present: Zaurbek Aslanbekovich Saidov, Candidate of Economic Sciences.
In 1972 the Chechen-Ingush State Pedagogical Institute was reformed into Chechen-Ingush State University (ChISU) and became 56th university in the USSR.
Various extensive links of ChISU with companies and organizations of Chechen-Ingushetiya, other republics and areas of the country were coordinated by the scientific research sector. A big proportion of university departments had long-term agreements of creative cooperation with working communities of plants and factories.
By developing and strengthening its own foundation for research work, the University actively influenced the formation of academic staff in different areas of the national economy, science and culture of the Republic. During its existence ChISU awarded academic degrees and titles to more than 300 specialists. There is hardly a school or professional technical college with no graduates of the University working there. They are continuing to educate and foster new generations.
From the day of its foundation, our University remains the vital centre of social and political life of the Republic, a forge of academic experts who have excellent professional knowledge, organizational and fostering skills. With the establishment of ChISU in 1972, there were new faculties and departments opened, new study campuses and accommodation buildings built.
In the second half of the 80s of the last century such highly regarded specialities in the Republic as physical electronics, general medicine, law, drama, journalism, and microbiology were introduced as study subjects.
During the period from 1994 to 2000 two Chechen military campaigns resulted in a significant damage inflicted on the University. Academic and accommodation buildings were turned into ruins, the libraries, botanical garden, unique science labs, computational centre, and typography were all destroyed. However, upon resuming their work in April 2000 the collective of CheSU not only restored the pre-war level of its material assets but also achieved new milestones.
There has been created the Centre of shared use with well-equipped modern research facilities, “Technopark” is functioning. A brand new student campus on par with world standards is currently under construction. The total territory allocated for the construction is 100 hectares.
Special attention is paid to preparing human resources. Returning back home and working at the University are graduates of major German and British universities, who were sent there on the Government Grant Programme for professional training of young specialists abroad.
Presently 81 academic Departments at the University are providing complete supervision of the studying process. 1100 academic staff are serving at the University. The University structure comprises 10 Faculties and 3 Institutes, at which there are around 17,000 students receiving their education. There is also the Institute of Further Professional Education functioning.