+7 (499) 212-39-56
Chechen State University is one of the oldest and Higher Educational Institution in the city of Grozny. Chechen State University was established in 1938 as Teacher Training Institute by Chechen-Ingush Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. On September 1, 1938 Teachers Training Institute was transformed into the Chechen-Ingush State Pedagogical Institute with a four-year training period. At that Institute had philological, historical, physical and mathematical faculties. In 1956 the Institute opened the Faculty of Physical Education, in 1958 opened the Faculty of Pedagogy and Methods of primary education, in 1960 opened the natural geography faculty, in 1962 the opened Faculty of Foreign Languages. In 1971 Institute was transformed into the Chechen-Ingush State University. In 1980 the University already had 8 faculties. In 1990 Chechen-Ingush State University opened the Medical Faculty. On 28 February 1995, the Chechen-Ingush State University was renamed into Chechen State University. In 1997 Chechen State University opened the Agro-technological faculty. In November 1997 in Urus-Martan opened Correspondence Department of the Chechen State University. On May 6, 2003, University was declared under the name of State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Chechen State University”. Today Chechen State University has 72 departments and 13 faculties. Chechen State University has 814 teachers, including 55 doctors, professors, 236 candidates of sciences. Till Date, Chechen State University has trained almost 20000 students. Today Chechen State University has its own botanical garden, zoological museum, historical museum, a library with 5 service departments, subscriptions, and reading rooms, catering plant.
Main areas of research of Chechen State University
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Ecology and nature management
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
- Infocommunication technologies and communication systems
- Medical Care
- The technology of production and processing of agricultural products
- Veterinary Medicine
- State and Municipal Administration
- Business Informatics
- Social work
- Foreign Regional Studies
- Psychological and pedagogical education
- Cultural Studies
- Museology and protection of cultural and natural heritage societies
Education at Chechen State University is the beginning of a long journey to promising employment and a successful career. The educational process at Chechen State University is conducted at ten faculties and four institutes.
The educational process is organized using modern technologies. The classrooms of CSU are equipped with interactive whiteboards, equipment necessary for video conferencing. Students have access to extensive online library resources, Russian and international databases. The university management attaches great importance to the development of academic mobility of teachers and is actively working on the invitation of well-known Russian and foreign researchers in the scientific and educational environment.
The university offers various areas of training in the specialty, bachelor, master and postgraduate programs.
The international cooperation
- Tasks of the international cooperation department:
- maintenance and development of international cooperation;
- search for opportunities and proposals for cultural and scientific exchange;
- attracting foreign students;
- organization of training of foreign students, graduate students, doctoral students and interns arriving at CSU under intergovernmental and inter-university agreements, as well as individually;
- assistance in the preparation of international forums, conferences and other events;
- the implementation of ongoing consulting and other assistance units and staff of Chechen State University;
- organization of work of foreign teachers at Chechen State University;
- strengthening the image of Chechen State University through the development and implementation of a set of activities in the field of foreign and international relations.