Chechen State University is one of the oldest and Higher Educational Institution in the city of Grozny. Chechen State University was established in 1938 as Teacher Training Institute by Chechen-Ingush Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. On September 1, 1938 Teachers Training Institute was transformed into the Chechen-Ingush State Pedagogical Institute with a four-year training period. At that Institute had philological, historical, physical and mathematical faculties. In 1956 the Institute opened the Faculty of Physical Education, in 1958 opened the Faculty of Pedagogy and Methods of primary education, in 1960 opened the natural geography faculty, in 1962 the opened Faculty of Foreign Languages. In 1971 Institute was transformed into the Chechen-Ingush State University. In 1980 the University already had 8 faculties. In 1990 Chechen-Ingush State University opened the Medical Faculty. On 28 February 1995 the Chechen-Ingush State University was renamed into Chechen State University. In 1997 Chechen State University opened the Agro-technological faculty. In November 1997 in Urus-Martan opened Correspondence Department of the Chechen State University. On May 6, 2003 University was declared under the name of State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Chechen State University”. Today Chechen State University has 72 departments and 13 faculties. Chechen State University has 814 teachers, including 55 doctors, professors, 236 candidates of sciences. Till Date Chechen State university has tarined almost 20000 students. Today Chechen State University has its own botanical garden, zoological museum, historical museum, a library with 5 service departments, subscriptions and reading rooms, catering plant.